Mary J Blige Explains The Infamous Burger King Commercial!!


Yesterday on NYC’ on ANGIE MARTINEZ‘ radio show on Hot 97.1, guest MARY J. BLIGE, finally addressed the infamous Burger King commercial.
The singer who was bashed earlier this year for singing a song about chicken that had racist undertones in the commercial, said it wasn’t pitched to her the way it was executed.
“It was suppose to be a branding opportunity, not a chicken commercial. It was about a sandwich and I thought I was singing about the ingredients,” BLIGE continued, “I checked out the ad online and all I could see was chicken and buffoonery, and I’m like ‘what the hell’ and it broke my heart.”
She says the response by the Black community to the commercial had her dropping her head in shame.
“People were just going crazy. The thing that hurt me most was when people were beginning to say vicious and hurtful things that didn’t even have nothing to do with that. Everyone was running with it and running and running with it and crucifying me, so I just pulled back and watched everyone and everything.”
She said when things got really bad she turned to one of her fellow artists.
“My brother Busta rhymes, who I love to pieces, he reached out when I wanted to crawl under a bed.”

--------------->WATCH VIDEO HERE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Wives Cast Member Draya is a WHORE!!

Basketball Wives LA:Brooke Calls Malaysia "FAKE" As FUCK!!

Did Fabolous Brother Rob Waffle House???